Website in a Day
Fantastic you would like to join us on the 26th March
To confirm your place please read and accept the contract below.
Before the day
- Access to Video Series to help
- Plan content
- Source images
- Prepare for the day
- A .co.uk domain for 1 year (website address) up to the value of £20
- Exclusive facebook group
On the Day
- Website hosting for 1 year
- Plugins required for setup
- Equipment for the day (laptop and mouse)
- Together we will:
- Setting up your website
- Add your content (text, images, and video)
- Layout your pages correctly
- Source, install and use plugins
- Set up your website’s security
- You will learn how to update WordPress and plugins
- Lunch, teas and coffees
After the Day
- 8 weeks support by Libby as needed
- Continued use of the exclusive Facebook group
- Continued access to the Video Series and any future videos
What is NOT included:
- Copywriting – we will advise you how to write your content, we can recommend copywriters for you if you need.
- Purchased images – we will give lots of advice and sources for images you may arrange to purchase or have photos taken before the day.
- A second domain – a second domain can be purchased at an extra cost
- Email account – an email account can be included at an extra cost
- Purchased plugins that are not part of training
- Face to Face meetings before or after the day – Libby offers support via Skype, phone, email and the facebook group.
Please be aware there will be an extra charge of £50 if your content is not received by the deadline of 5pm on the 19th March 2020(1 week before). If you are having problems with your content please contact Libby and she will be happy to help.
It is important to have your content ready to allow you to get the most out of the day, as there will not be time to create this on the day.
Terms and Conditions
Cancellation and refunds
If you need to cancel this must be done 14 days in advance of the course day.
If cancellation is received before the 14 days a 50% refund will be offered, otherwise, no refund will be given.
Payments cannot be transferred to another course unless the original place can be filled.
If for any reason Graphic icing cancels the course an alternative date or full refund would be offered.
You may share the video content with others in your company only.
On the day you will be shown how to add other users to your website so more than one person can use it going forward.
You may not share, sell or redistribute any of the course content modified or otherwise.
We love to show off work and share what was learned, so we reserve the right to display and link to your project as part of our portfolio and to write about it on websites, social media sites, in magazine articles and in books. If you would prefer not to have your work included please let us know.
On Going Support
We want to make sure you are fully supported before, during and after the course day.
If you need support before the course day please email Libby or post in the facebook group.
The 4 weeks support will start from the day after the course day, during this time Libby will arrange 1 call a week with you and you may book calls with Libby at https://www.graphicicing.co.uk/book-a-call/, email Libby at [email protected] or ask questions in the Facebook group.
During the course you will pick a domain name but a domain can not be guaranteed as available until confirmation has been received from the naming authority.
After the 1st year you are free to take over the domain or renew with us for at £15 per year.
Your personal data will be kept confidential and only be used by our freelancers and staff to fill the requirements of this service. Our team members are all UK based and therefore follow GDPR.
We only collect data needed to provide this service. This may include Name, email, phone number, address and login details.
We only store data with GDPR compliant services these include: Voipfone, Google, Last Pass, Sync.com.
The contact details you provide, website files/database and content may be stored until you request us to remove them. All other data will be removed within 6 months of termination of this contract.
Your details may be added to an irregular mailing list to notify you of relevant information such as changes to legal requirements.
By agreeing to this contract you give us (Graphic icing) consent to store and process your data as state above and as required to provide this service.
Full payment is required to secure your place. Once payment has been received you will be sent a confirmation and login details for the video training part of the course. Please allow 24 hours for payment to be received.
Payments can be sent via bank transfer or card payment.
Please note 50% of the payment is non-refundable due to receiving the video content and the expenses incurred.
Your website content must be sent to Libby at least 1 week before the course day, if you are having any problems with this please contact Libby at [email protected] or 0203 289 2780
Failure to supply your content or notify Libby of any issues will result in a cancellation of your place.
You must guarantee that all elements of text, images or other artwork you provide are either owned by you or that you have permission to use them
After the course day copyright will be automatically assigned as follows:
You’ll own the website, and all elements of text, images and data you provided, unless someone else owns them.
WordPress, Divi and plugins used are done so under their individual licenses.
Please feel free to use the facebook group to ask any questions even after the 4-week support.
We ask that you are always polite and check the rules of the group regularly.
You are granted 1 place in the facebook group, you may elect someone in your company for this.
We provide hosting for websites and emails on our preferred hosting provider which is currently Smart Hosting by Krystal. Based on their guarantee we endeavour to have 99.9% uptime on our servers measured annually. There may, of course, be times when the server will not be available, this can be scheduled or unscheduled.
Scheduled downtime is when we know it is going to happen and tell you about it in advance. Scheduled downtime will wherever possible, almost certainly be outside of normal office hours. We’ll do our stuff in the evening or a weekend to minimize the impact on your business. There may be very rare occasions when we need to restart the server during normal office hours and it is not possible to inform you beforehand. We don’t make these decisions lightly and if this does happen we apologise
Unscheduled downtime is when the server stops without us knowing it is going to stop. For a simple server hiccup, we’ll get it back up and running as fast as we can. We will do everything we can to ensure that your website is available 99.9% of the time.
You are responsible for keeping your site up to date and secure (we will cover this in the training), including all usernames and passwords. We will take regular backups but we cannot be held responsible for any loss of data and therefore you are required to keep backups of your website as well.
After the 1st year, you are free to move the website to other hosting or renew with us for £60 per year.
If there is a time where you are unhappy with our work or us you must let us know straight away. We will then proceed to correct the issue if possible. If it is not possible to correct the issue we shall discuss options with you and try to find a suitable solution. If even after resolving or finding a suitable option you wish to cancel please refer to the section on cancelling above.
We can’t guarantee that our work will be error-free and so we can’t be liable to you or any third-party for damages, including lost profits, liquidated damages, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special or indirect damages, even if you’ve advised us of them. Finally, if any provision of this contract shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
We only provide indemnities in respect of Intellectual property rights, death, bodily injury or property damage
Domain legal bits
Graphic icing provides no warranty that the domain name requested by the client will not infringe the rights of any third party and the client will indemnify Graphic icing in respect of any such infringements.
By registering a domain name through Graphic icing the client enters into a contract of registration with the registration authority relevant to that domain name and their terms and conditions will apply.
It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that registrant details are kept updated. In the event of a dispute, the relevant naming authority for the type of domain held should be contacted and provided with full details of the complaint
No Unlawful or Prohibited Use
1. Any website or content management system or email service supplied by Graphic icing to the client may not be used in any manner or for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms and conditions.
2. The client may not use any such website, content management system or email service in a manner which could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the same or obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the same.
Use of Communication Services
1. Where the website or content management system supplied by Graphic icing contains forums, editable web pages, calendars, and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable communication with the public at large or with a group (collectively, “Communication Services”), Graphic icing has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services. However, Graphic icing reserves the right to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials in its sole discretion. Graphic icing reserves the right to terminate access to any or all of the Communication Services at any time without notice.
2. Graphic icing does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any Communication Service and, therefore, Graphic icing specifically disclaims any liability with regard to the Communication Services and any actions resulting from the participation by the client, his agents or employees in any Communication Service.
General Disclaimers and Indemnities
1. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that websites, scripts and programmes are error free and accurate, Graphic icing cannot accept responsibility for any losses incurred due to malfunction of the website or any part of it.
2. Whilst Graphic icing endeavours to publish information on the Internet or on other media at a time and date agreed in advance with the client, Graphic icing cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions or for any loss, damage or injury arising from either early or late publication of information.
Graphic icing shall not be held responsible for
(a) any infringement of English Law (e.g. copyright, data protection, libel) arising from the publication on the Internet or any other medium of material supplied to Graphic icing for the purpose of publication
(b) the content of web pages published by Graphic icing on behalf of the client, nor for any loss, damage or injury arising from the use of information contained within these web pages by any party. The client shall indemnify Graphic icing against any claim arising from such publication or use of information.
3. Where Graphic icing acts as an intermediary between the client and any other person or organisation, Graphic icing shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury arising from any advice, transfer of information, transfer of property, financial transaction or any other activity between the client and any such person or organisation.
4. Graphic icing publishes information on the Internet using computers and communications networks which it does not own and over which it has no executive control. Graphic icing shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury arising from the failure of these computers and networks. Graphic icing shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or injury arising from loss or corruption of data, whether deliberate or unintentional, whilst data is being transmitted over these networks or processed or stored on these computers.
5. Whilst Graphic icing endeavours to ensure that its computer systems and storage media are kept clean of viruses and other malicious or data corrupting artefacts, Graphic icing shall not be held responsible for any virus or other artefact introduced to the client’s computers or other Information Technology systems, whether from Graphic icing or any other source nor for any loss, damage or injury arising from loss or corruption of data whilst it is held on computers or storage media owned by, or under the control of Graphic icing.
Graphic icing shall not be liable for any loss or damage, including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, expenses, costs, profits, lost savings or earnings, interruption to business activity, lost or corrupted data, or other liability arising out of, or related to the services provided by Graphic icing or arising out of its activities in website design, publishing, promotion or maintenance, website hosting, domain name registration, renewal or transfer or any other activities in Information Technology nor for any loss, damage or injury arising from advice provided by Graphic icing or any of its staff.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions, your statutory rights are not affected. If any part of these terms and conditions are shown to be in contravention of your statutory rights, all other parts will remain in force.
Final legal bit
Just like a parking ticket, you can’t transfer this contract to anyone else without our permission. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed. If for some reason one part of this contract becomes invalid or unenforceable, the remaining parts of it remain in place.
Although the language is simple, the intentions are serious and this contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.